Monday, September 27, 2010

Big week for little Levi



So this last week, on friday, Levi got circumcised. We had no clue what to expect, I mean I was a week old when that happened to me. Levi was 18 days old when he had it done. We would have liked to gotten it done within the first week but insurance and its beauty didn't allow that. Also the doctor we were referred to wanted to wait for Levi to become 6 months old. Janelle and I were talking and thinking there is no way. I know in biblical times it happened at i believe 8 days old. So we called around asking different doctors when we should do it. After contacting a doctor in Oakdale and him saying we should have done it weeks ago, that was all we needed to hear. So we were able to get in the next day. When the doctor took out little guy away and after 20 minutes of him screaming and crying his eyes out it was done. The doctor came in and said he did great and that he didn't cry as much as most babies. That's because he's a Ingram baby but that's besides the point. So the doctor broke it down how it went and what to look for to make sure everything is healing and sings to look for to come back. One of the sings to come back was bleeding. Later that day I had to go to work and Janelle was home alone with Levi. About a hour into my work shift Janelle called me crying just as hard as Levi was in the back ground. "There is still bdfladjfal". That's what I heard. After calming down Janelle said "There is still bleeding". Janelle rushed back to the doctor and his first look at Levi was, "i have never seen it this bad". Great, that is just what a mom wants to hear after what just happened to our son. So the doctor had to apply pressure to try to stop the bleeding. He did that twice for 10 minutes. That didn't work. Great now what. The doctor had to burn around his little man hood that had just been traumatized to stop the bleeding. While this was happening Janelle had to hold Levi down cause the doctor didn't want to call for a nurse. So the doctor has a baby that was crying louder then any cry Janelle had heard and a mom that was crying louder the Levi. After all that he is doing fine and better then ever.

In the mean time it now takes both of us to change his diapers due to the extra caution was have to take in not hurting down low. I think Levi is taking advantage of this opportunity of having two targets now. Because we have been peed on at least once a day it not twice a day. There is nothing you can do cause I can't go in a grab it to aim it away and I am holding his legs so I trying to dodge it just with my head. We have been getting really close this last week. So for all you future parents who will be having boys get him circumcised within the first week cause the doctor said that after that the baby changes so much that his recovery time is doubled. And it is not fun hearing your son scream at the top of his lungs and there is nothing you can do. First lesson we learned as parents and boy it was a big one.

On a happier note his umbilical cord fell off the other day and it is so fun to look at his little belly button. And he now weighs 7lbs 9oz and is back to 19.5in long. And he is cuter then ever that's for sure.


Also I have been running with Levi with the stroller and man it is SO fun and hard. He loves to go running or maybe just out in the open. He just sleeps the time away with his head bobbing up and down. So I would say life is pretty good when I am out on the open road with my son. I can't wait tell when its on a bike. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment